Crimped hair…a love and hate hairstyle!
Crimped hair is something I would describe as a love-hate kind of hairstyle. Many people love crimped hair, and many others don’t. Crimped hair is a hairstyle similar to wavy hair but tighter and deeper. Other names for crimped hair are crinkles and deep waves. The crimping iron was introduced in 1972 by Geri Cusenza. Crimping has gained mainstream popularity during the mid-1980s and has become one of the top hairstyles until late 2007. This style, among many others, has a tendency to return ten-year cycles. It will probably always be popular in the fashion industry based on its striking effect. It may be possible that crinkled hair has possibly found its way to make a comeback within the past few years. Jennie Garth from “90210” was one of the celebrities wearing this hairstyle sometime during the year of 2012. There was also an article about this hairstyle in seventeen magazines within the “hair ideas” section. That article was reintroduced over the last few years.
ty crimped hair
There are a couple of ways to achieve the crinkled hair look. One way is to use heat from a crimping iron. All you would have to do is part the hair and use the crimping iron in a similar fashion of using a curling iron on the hair except using the iron in a stop-and-go motion. That means you would press the iron down on the top part of the hair, hold it for a few seconds, then move down right under where you started, repeat, and so on until you’ve reached the end of the hair. Another way to achieve the crimped hairstyle is to put the hair into multiple braids, waiting for a certain amount of time and/or adding products or heat to help speed the process, and then undoing the braids.
There was a survey on the topic of crimped hair, and it had asked if crimped hair should make a comeback? About 52.16% of women agreed that the hairstyle should come back. The other 47.84% did not. Even though more women liked the hairstyle, a good handful of women did not. That’s what gives crimps that love-hate relationship with women. A lot of women who dislike the hairstyle tend to describe it somewhere along the lines of a frizzy poof look.
Even though crimps may be making its way back into a popular mainstream hairstyle, the looks of it have been changed. Crimped hair has recently been given a more modern look within the past few years. There is now more variety in the textures, and the sizes of the crimps and more women are able to personalize crimps into something that fits their style even more by playing around with different sizing of the crimps. There is more variety in the products to use. In other words, crimps have become more modernized. There are many videos on sites like YouTube that give tutorials on how to achieve the modernized crimped hair look. This hairstyle may not ever go completely out of style.